P.S. I love you...... Penang!

Hi guys, I know I've stop working and you'll be expecting lots of posts from me but sadly NO... well... not that I don't type, it's the streamyx problem. I don't know why but every night at 10, my streamyx will disconnect itself and unsave my post. Before I am able to put up my strength to type again some postman threw me this....


Ooo... You might think its from IPTA but nope... It's from UTP, so that means to say that IPTA are not so much of a extremist. They say losers can't be chosers but the best part (and most probably the happiest) I get to choose and felt that I'm wanted. Okay so I got 2 universities offer but I don't know which to choose - UMP or UTP - One is E&E eng. and another one is what I wanted Chemical engineering. However one is nearer to Penang (I LOVE Penang!) and another one is at East Coast of Peninsula... Therefore, I decided to flip a coin and the coin shows head(the side with the kite on it) Kite(Wau)= east coast, so I= east coast. Yup, I decided to let go of the city life and try the other sideof Peninsula Malaysia but then again as I did my research, one of my cousins said that there is a mall nearby, the Parkson there is about the size of one Gurney Plaza. Wow! Can't wait to see... More on that when I discover more on Kuantan.

To let go of my hometown is an extremely(I'm not extremist) difficult task to do. Its like the song played currently on this blog (Notice I don't type anything about this song in the notice board), it reminds me on how hard is it for me to leave the place I'm borned and raised in. Everything here is so nice. Good and trustworthy friends, tasty and incomparable food and not to mention all the 'bearings' and the colourful dialect especially when it comes to vulgar words(English is so out-dated). I guess when the moment that I turn my head and look back at the mid-span of Penang Bridge, there will be tears flowing down to my cheeks. And I would like to take this oppurtunity to say THANK YOU, even if I didn't get to see you for 4 years or so, that doesn't meant that we're not friends anymore. Every friend of mine that I come across is like a music sheet, everyone leaving their special note for me to play in My Melodies of Life.

Comments

  1. Hey Admund,
    Read your post earlier. Really inspired bu your story. I would like to share mine to you.

    My story started a year and a half ago when my A Levels result came out. It didn't turn out so well but my parents believe that I'm able to get in one of the university overseas. I tried a few Australian universities and I got a few. Among them was ANU in Canberra which I eventually decided because it was the best in Australia.

    When the time came to fly over(which was July 2009) for my studies, I was also going to miss Penang as its most probably the best place to be. All my life, I grew up, brought up, and even ate up around Penang. Its more like the only hometown that I could feel as Home Sweet Home.

    A year passed, I'm back in Penang for now and I just realized that I've found another home. Canberra is quite cooling during the study durations other than summer school and summer research. Most of the Aussies are very friendly especially in the place where I'm staying. The sceneries are very beautiful, ideal for outings anytime any day. But most of all, you do have true personal space.

    I still remember when I came back for summer break during christmas, I felt so different as I was already getting adjusted with their lifestyle and their environment which I felt its a missing link that I couldn't find in Penang.

    From that time, now I know that I have 2 homes that I could go to for various reasons. Anyway, Admund, you might miss Penang, but at the same time, you might have found another home that holds the missing pieces to your personal space or your music manuscript.

    Good luck in your studies in the East cost of Peninsular. Keep in touch mate.

    from your friend,
    Jey Sern

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Aluba

So High vs. Sohai

Welcome to the Cashless Society (Malaysia Edition)