The Dark Knight Rises

This is gonna be my first movie review in this blog. Actually, I have planned to do this long time ago but I'm just waiting for the right moment. When 'The Dark Knight Rises' came out, I was thinking "Why not make a movie review on an epic-ly phenomenal franchise superhero film. The movie is so epic that people thought they hold real guns and shoot everyone else in a theatre is like waiting for Batman to save them. For those who have not yet watched the movie PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE spoilers alert.


The movie begins set in time 8 years after joker was put away and 2-face under everyone's perception that he is the hero of Gotham City. Bane, the badass appears 5 minutes into the movie as a kidnap victim (I wonder how he got there? Don't people already realise it's him when they take him prisoner? I mean, come on, that mask is huge and obvious). However, I did like how Bane crash the plane like it's from a Bond movie.

Meanwhile, while everyone is rejoicing, our main, Bruce Wayne is sulking over his death of his ex-girlfriend that died 8 years ago. Oh come on, it's not professional man, everyone would have thought you're the Batman that failed to save your girlfriend and killed that 2-face guy. Anyway, on with the review, besides everything I mention above the transition from Dark Knight to Dark Knight rises was smooth. The storyline overall is good although screen time is 164 minutes but it doesn't feel like it, this I have to give credits to Chirstopher Nolan for able to do this almost every movie he made.

The main crisis however did clash with Iron Man's plot. The one where they discovered a reactor on 'clean' energy. Hello?? You found the reactor like Iron Man, Bruce I got 6 words for you!!!


Imagine Batman suit would be able to detonate Gotham City with it's core. End of story. Imagine Batman introduce it to the city, people will join forces and patch the security and safety of that reactor long time ago. But no you wanna take it with your flying Bat and go Boom!!! So that Robin can come out and play with you.

Conclusion, Dark Knight rises is an awesome movie. I would give 4 out of 5 star for this movie.

 It really shows Batman fallen and rise again. Catwoman being evil and become good for the sake of Gotham (or maybe Batman). However, why it lacked one star is because unlike the Joker, I don't seem to have a sense of fear for the villian Bane or the girl he protected (SPOILERS!!!!). Everytime I watch Joker act, I don't know when he wants to kill someone. Bane is sooooooo predictable. One question, where is the Joker?? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aluba

So High vs. Sohai

Welcome to the Cashless Society (Malaysia Edition)