7 Types of People You Meet in a Bus

I recently celebrated my 51st time sitting 8-9 hours bus from my uni to home town, so I thought I can share experiences with you guys. How you know it's 51st time?? Well, here's the formula for counting how many times you sit in the bus f(x) = {x*2+[(y*t)/(2*pi)] + exp 2.5x^2}+ z. Got it? Neither do I. Anyway, every time I took a bus or rather you can say it's a coach, I notice some similar characters that you can categorise them. First I'll like to introduce the drivers.

1. The Honk
These drivers are awesome. My usual buses back to Penang are 9pm, so I usually depart at 9, reach the bus stop around 9.15 waited for half an hour (sometimes more than an hour) before the bus arrives. It's really depressing though waiting for the bus, fearing it might not come. However, usually when you meet the Honk, the feeling rises again. These Honk, are cheer bringer, before even the bus stops, they are already shouting "Penang!! Penang!!". I could actually hear it like 1 kilometers away. One thing bad though about honks are, when you're asleep, halfway through journey, "REHAT! 10 MINIT. TANDAS!!" Why you so loud??? Oh ya, thats why I called them the honk. Like all good honks, they're great stress relievers but sometimes it's annoying as well.

2. The Emo
These drivers considered not bad, as he will not say anything but only tears your ticket. These drivers are rare however once in a while you will meet them. I just met one not too long ago, I asked "Going to Penang?"
The bus driver said, "...." *tear ticket sound, jiiiiiiaaaak". The End.

Now I'll talk about the passengers. There are basically 5 categories, you can clearly see them in any buses.

3. The Geek
These are the most common one. In the olden days, you can only find in the seeds of a plant, tablet is in medication form, pad is something only girls use. Nowadays, you can see them playing with it so often that you see it in every bus. Therefore we give them names - Geeks.  Need I explain more?

4. The Snorer
These are good accompany for those lonely nights. However, it is equally annoying as The Honk when you need to have a good rest.

5. The Moms
This group are usually the most annoying one to sit in a bus with. It's not the mother that's annoying, it's their offspring that really gets on your nerves. It's either crying, weeping or scolding. My advice to you when you faced this type of group? Go get yourself a good noise-proof headphones. I think Sony sells one at RM69. Buy original. Beats for RM50? Please... Give your ears some respect. "Pity them you know....."

6. That Weird Stranger
One day, you were sitting alone in the bus, suddenly, a guy abroad, there were no other places besides you, so he took the seat. One minute into sitting, he turns facing you....... and start talking to you. (WTF? Who are you??). As if he can read minds, he will answer you "I'm from ..... and I'm here for........" (Bus driver, please drive faster. I'm scared now.)

And of course last but not least...

7. Friends
Whether you chose to on board with them from the start of the journey or you met them halfway through, bus trip is always the best when you have friends to chat with. The journey somehow will become shorter and sometimes you can also let go some of the things hidden in you. Or better, sometimes, you met your long lost crush and you guys can get connected again. Just like in a drama.


P/S: Now listening, UMP Chinese radio. Now playing, Michelle Branch - Everywhere. Good ol' song. Feels like becoming a Radio DJ as I have a few good ideas for a programme but I plan to look for a partner as in female but Chinese educated to help me to less irritate my voice and help me with the Chinese songs. If it's 200 days ago, I know who to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aluba

So High vs. Sohai

Welcome to the Cashless Society (Malaysia Edition)