Digitally Me


When was the last time you use the film camera?

Never?

How about when was the last time you listen to cassette or a CD?

10 years ago?

When was the last time you use a catapult?

To shoot angry bird?... No

Yes. In the age of digitalisation, we has stopped using a few of the pioneers technological product which normally more mechanical. Instead, most of us use it's successor which is more digital. For example, I have stopped using this by 1999


and replace it with my first ever Sony digital camera and it's only 2 megapixel. And now you people are complaining your phone camera pixels not enough while you don't even know the meaning of pixel) and the screen is only 1.0 inch. Damn!

It looks something like this except this is the later model with 3.2 megapixel.

Music? Ya, of course we have the casette. I remember use to play those nursery rhymes and Chinese New Year music with casette player. Then came the first portable music carrying device from (what else?) Sony called (you guessed it) Walkman.


<

<Yeah! Those cool walking headsets was invented in 1979 and only in luxury. I have my first Walkman too in 1998. The model? WM-FX101<


Yeah! The first walkman with radio. Unbelievably, this baby is still working.

Then, right before the new millenium. People went crazy over CDs. Tape were consider obselete by a flick of the finger. And then there was my Discman.


This good o' trustee has been playing for many CDs. I think there's at least 50 different kind I think. The appearance of the screen is like the first digital thing I could ever remember. The music was awesome and you can clip it on your belt on the go. (Apple: Yuck~ No one wants to do that)

Then came iPod. (With a catchy tune, this product revolutionise music industry)


(Yup, like I said - Mech-a-ni-cal)

If you think this is lame see how thick it was.


I can bet you wouldn't wanna try it if its on display like other iPods today.


Anyway, I will write about iPods history some other day in details (Remind me). Back to the topic, this is still mechanical in a way that it only stores your MP3s in a hard disk like 'thing' and doesn't really requires much digital knowledge to crack it. It was't really full digital until Apple launches iTunes store (which charges bloody expensively for a song) and the launch of iPod Nano

See what I mean.

However, I never manage to buy any iPod (True Sony fans ma). I say I used my Discman a lot didn't I? However, there are some technology that cannot be replaced digitally like microscope.

Stole this from a Form 1 textbook.

"Dude, we have this now..."

Oh ya~ But I don't see how it's labelled?


"In your face!"

>Okay, then how about Telescope? It's all pure lenses.

"Dude, we have the Hubble telescope which uses satellite!"

Oh ya. Then, binoculars then they don't have any machine in it

"..."
...

Guess again...

Presenting Sony DEV-5. Using Sony's EXMOR R image sensor and double lenses to capture and record 3D images. What's more? It has image stabilization and optical zoom between 0.9 to 10X while digital zoom can go as deep as 20X. Now I know what you preverts are thinking. But this bino costs USD$2,000. If you can afford it, why not? And so we come to the end of the post with the comclusion - at this era everything can be digital. Now here are some pictures for you to enjoy of the new DEV-5.

Sony's DEV-5 digital binoculars will go on sale in November for $2,000.

Sony's DEV-5 digital binoculars, with an image sensor and electronic viewfinder, can record 3D video.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aluba

So High vs. Sohai

Welcome to the Cashless Society (Malaysia Edition)