Hey! Where have I been?

Hey guys, sorry for not updating for a while and this post I'm gonna update you on my life again. It's like becoming a trend now that everytime this blog has not been updated for a while, the next post will be on my life. It's not that I ran out of ideas to write (Nonsense my imagination is beyond Spongebob), its just that I've been really busy preparing myself for EduCamp(7 - 8 June, Mon-Tue) at Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS (Near Ipoh, Perak) as I've been shortlisted. Not that I wanna show off, its just that this type of shortlisted thing never occur in my life before - Yup, this is my first time and boy was it hectic.


Okay, to start off the problem faced is the journey itself. Last Thursday me and my parents have already been there to check out the venue and it was okay the building was nice and it only took approximately 3 hours drive from Penang. However, we plan to go there on Sunday night and overnight there at Ipoh. However, things doesn't turn out to be smooth so we decided to go SUPER early in the morning like 4.... well.... I got up at 5. By the time I reach there it's already 8.30am (the schedule wrote registration is at 8)... whoops... Don't worry, the schedule didn't wrote when registration ends what.... So, after register and getting my room key and my roommate, then its off to the toilet... BOOM BOOM... Moving on... the Chancellor Complex(To hear some people give speech - the usual programme). Upon entering there are 2 facility you'll come to Chancellor Hall on the right and the Library.

This is probably the best building you ever gonna see in Northen Region of Malaysia


This is the 5-storey tall library.

Wanna see more of it?



Sorry, thats all I can walk into...


Thanks for pumping Petronas!

Too bad the next event wasn't to enter the library but to enter the Chancellor Hall to hear the rector Dr. Zainal Abidin give some speech (I wonder if there is any E-rector around). Anyway, this big guy speech seems to have a habit of sounding "Hmmm?" Yup its "Hmmm?" and not "Har?"(Prawns) or "Hoo?"(Fish) its Hmmm? a mixture of Har and Hoo...


While sitting and listening and listening and listening and looking around and looking at my bag and listening and looking around for "bearings". I was VERY dissapointed. For the first time in my life I saw so so so so so so few "bearings"(for those who don't know what that meant, I'm sorry I can't tell you this publicly), it was like 1 or 2 bearings out of approx. 400 people there. However, I did see a lot of Ninja Turtles around. One bearing was wearing the ninja turtle suit as well which cover the body and makes "it" not a bearing anymore. You know the problem with ninja turtle suit is to cover up the fats in your body by distracting people to look at "it's" back shell rather than their body. Thats why ninja turtles eat a lot and still you can't really notice their fat-ness because you were too distracted by its back shell.

See? If you can't see the shell, you see it's fat.

Anyway.... the talk continue after lunch time where it includes document management where I met some new friends and 2 old ones. Not that old but we're still friends. After that, there comes the first test MST. Its called the Mad Sign Test. It shows you a series of stories and wants you to come up with the ending. Example, after Cinderella left her glass slippers at the ball what does the Prince does? Your answer? Prince return it to Cinderella? No silly... Cinderella don't wear glass SLIPPERS... Duh! And the best part is you believed me.... Sorry MST does not stands for Mad Sign Test, its Maths & Science test instead. The test though is quite simple but I think I still did a mistake which is difference between Pascal principle and Bernoulli's. Whatever... That night for the final talk will be the Motivational Talk. When I heard the motivater said that its his first time giving such talk, I knew its gonna be.................zzzzzzz....... Where were we? Oh ya, I was right. True enough - instead of giving motivation for the next day interview, he show what youth must not do. Showing drug addicts video. Showing aborted baby or unwanted babies thrown around on the roadside and I can see some girls sitting in the hall using their hands to cover their eyes and then he said "Jangan bergaul dengan bebas. Jika nak bergaul, kena pakai penutup "mulut"/raincoat. Saya nak minta semua laki-laki kat sini untuk melindungi kaum perempuan. Tahu untuk nak buat apa demi keselamatan, faham tak?" And I'm the only one laughing, okay maybe the raincoat sentence was not there but the rest yes. End of day one.

Next day was a free and easy one. Why? Because we're divided into 4 groups therefore eating was less hectic. To start the day off, interview. The interview was something like MUET. In my group the ratio of guy to girl is 4:1 while the other groups is 3:2. The girl in my group was pretty quiet and I actually thought she's from Chinese school and couldn't speak English well. My topic was on Global Warming(I know, what a fluke) however the idea given to me not so good therefore, for my individual work, I disagree. There were 2 examiners, the female one seems to be having a headache while the male seems to enjoying my presentation. They ask me to talk about my background a bit so I talk crap a bit. That girl I talk about just now? She went in for her individual after mine. To my surprise she speaks perfect English, this was a super relieve for me as I know not necessary for me to start and for me to end the discussion later. In group discussion, I suggest about enhancing "green" policy, she suggest a better idea - having a 'go green' policy... Wow! Serious, my policy mainly involve the government while hers was perfect. So, I decided not to end the conclusion. We talk quite a lot till the examiner asked us to come up with a conclusion in 3 minutes. And wow, did she think fast, I'm usually attracted to these kind of ladies. They're so quick thinking and so independent and so poise(well, i did stalk her a bit), thats what I like about girls. Anyway, enough of girls.... I'll probably elaborate on this next time.


The next event consists of 3 crazy tests. One EPT and CRT. In CRT there are 2 tests - VC and another one I forgot whats the name already(Too chim). The first one English Proficiency Test. The problem with test is they try to make it look difficult but the problem is the paper itself has many mistakes as well, its like asking us to spot their mistakes first before you can answer the questions correctly. Next is the Critical Reasoning Test which contains 100 questions both EQ and IQ in 50 minutes meaning you have to finish a question in 30 seconds. I didn't manage to finish it but at least the last 8 questions I managed to shoot before the facilitator took my paper. And after that... well that raps up everything on that camp. If you want some additional rantings then proceed to the next paragraph.

Additional Rantings:
1) My roommate is very friendly
2) Till now the girl in the same group discussion with me, I still don't know her name
3)When it comes to Petronas, it reminds me of its touching commercials like the one below.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aluba

So High vs. Sohai

Welcome to the Cashless Society (Malaysia Edition)